Tuesday, April 3, 2012

{oops. I did it again} I own more crutches than you

Remember this time last year I was on crutches after having had a knee surgery? Well. I am back on crutches.

Yesterday while I was packing my jeep, I was bringing tons of stuff down some stairs. I missed two stairs. Inverted my foot and landed on it, then my suitcase landed on it again.

Instantly I knew it was broken.

I didn't know if I had travel insurance so I had every intension of driving 14 hours back to Canada, then going to the hospital. Looking back I don't think I could have done that. It was so painful. Turns out working for Alberta Health Services I get travel insurance. We instantly went to a hospital in Orem. I was in and out in a little over an hour. From the time of Admitting me, to casting me and sending me on my way was an hour. I love American Health Care. They even brought the x-ray machine into my room.


Me... waiting in my room.



Keith and I. {please don't mind my stunning good looks right now}


it's broken across the top of my foot, and along the outside where the big pump is.



They even brought the X-ray machine to me. Now that's service isn't it? If I ever break another bone. I sure hope it's in the States {However, on that note. I do not want to break anything else}



This beautiful little thing is a fibre glass splint cast. There is cast padding on my leg, then my leg is covered in the fibre glass splint, and it's tonsured into place.

I'll be wearing this for a week. Then I will be wearing a walking cast for another 4-5 weeks. Hopefully there are no complications, then I'll be back in the gym. Rehabbing again.

Luckily, tomorrow morning I have my 1 year post op follow up for my knee. He's going to take a look at my foot, and hopefully direct me to someone who will follow up my care.

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

Oh my GOSH! I am soooo sorry :( I hope you heal asap!

Amanda Nicole said...

You poor thing!! I'm glad I live in the states! Get better soon!!!

Karina Marie Powell said...

oh my gosh you poor thing!!! i'm so sorry!!! get better!!!