Monday, August 22, 2011

Hello World...

This summer has gone by WAAAAAAAY too fast.
and I'm not happy about it.

I've been trying to find a little bit more balance in my life. Whoops. That's not going so well. I'm either King Hermit, or Queen Bee <--- not sure how that works. Last week I was a little gym rat and I loved it. But subsequently I missed out on a lot of really fun things that happened this week. The week before I went to the gym once, for an hour and had the most BESTEST week ever(I fully realize that is not a proper sentence and I'm okay with that) Annnnnnyways. I'm trying this new thing where I'm going to find balance. I'm going to go to the gym, and I'm going to have a social life all at the same time.

How does this work? can someone actually please explain it to me? I get side tracked at the gym and I'm there for like 2+ hours a night. By the time I get home, shower and get ready to go out I'm tired and need to go to bed. whoops. Old lady walking. geez.

Well. Here's what I've come up with. Two-a-days. *yikes* I'm going to work out on my lunch break at work so that I have less to do after work. Hey! I'll take the good(social life during the week) with the bad(being sweaty for the last few hours of my day). Compromise. Wow. I'm doing it. HA.

Let's see how long that lasts for? Anyone wanna shout out a guess... I'm guessing 3 days!

AND. I'm either super good with healthy eating, or super horrible. This weekend was more along the lines of HIDEOUS. I ate so bad. I don't think there was a single vegetable in my diet for 48 hours. My mom would be so proud. Last week I was *so* good. No processed carbs/ food period. All healthy. My stomach/body is screaming for some apples and carrots right now. Sorry to torture you body.

Does anyone have any good cookbooks they can recommend to me? Good clean healthy recipes that take little to no time to prepare? I need to shake things up.

P.S-- I've been on a smoothie kick lately. Mmmm breakfast smoothies. Best ever. So filling.

xo.

L.

No comments: