Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Imma Champ...

TrainerBoy calls me a rockstar. So I'm pretty much the gym version of Justin Beiber-except. I have nicer hair than he does. Judge if you will. Call me cocky if you must. But JBeibs has nothing on me in that dept.

Today I had my 3mos follow up with my Surgeon. He called me a Champ. So that means I'm pretty much Michael Jordan of the Surgical world. However, I got rated a 3/9 on the balance scale and he said I needed to work on that. BUT, in my defense I never had very good balance to begin with. So I think it's all relevant.

I'm not going to lie. I was a little nervous. Okay, that IS a lie. I was VERY nervous. I don't have full extension yet(so I kind of limp--no so much anymore). I'm doing a few things I probably shouldn't be doing yet AND I 'played' basketball Monday night. By played. I mean I shot around. It felt good, but I was definately feeling it a little bit. Nothing a little ice and Ibprofen didn't fix.

I'm so happy right now. There are so many reasons for my happiness.

What makes you happy?

The other night I got asked the top 3 things that make me happy.

1.Laughing so hard my tummy hurts/or I start to cry.
2.A really good hug, from a really good person*guy* ;)
3.Getting winked at. I get butterflies everytime I'm winked at.

I'm happy today because:

-I got to sleep in until 7:30 this morning
-It's not raining anymore
-I can squat 145lbs
-I had do 50 push ups on a bosu ball
-I can run(ish)
-I got to shoot around monday night.
-I've spent the last 7 consecutive days with 1(2) of the best guy(s) ever!
-I've had some of the most spiritual conversations with said boy(s).
-Chivlry is NOT dead...Thanks Andrew/Geordie
-The bonfire Sunday night at Catherine/Carrie's...watching some dude try to break wood over his knee like Geordie and not being able to do it...then laughing my head off with Carrie
-The Gospel is true.
-My scar is healing nicely...
-My tan is amazing.
-My hair is getting longer..
-I got a compliment about my eyes that just made my day
-The Canucks are in the NHL finals. Game 1 tonight. I will be watching it from the pub with all the guys.
-Things are just finally working out for me right now. *knock on wood* I really don't want to jinx things.
-Drinking Cream Soda slurpees with Andrew and Geordie
-Driving in Geordies old suburban. All 3 of us sitting in the front while singing old country songs until we laugh our heads off.
-Getting the funniest voicemail from Andrew while he gets pulled over.

What are the things that make you happy today? This Week?

xo.

5 comments:

Courtney B said...

When hubs and I were dating he's wink at me all the time. Love those butterflies! :)
Wish I had an amazing tan!!

Mich said...

things that make me happy today - find THIS blog by another amazing Calgarian blogger! YAY!!

Seriously... how is it that I have never come across your blog before?

Also... i need to read back and find out why you had surgery, sounds like you might have gone through something similar to me earlier this year. I JUST started running again last week after breaking my leg and having surgery in Feb.

Mich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Getting winked at is the best feeling ever. It makes my heart race and I get instant butterflies...

Yay I'm glad you found my blog-welcome! I tore my ACL, MCL and medial men.playing football last summer. Surgery in feb... We're twins. I love it. We need to be friends...

tifsong said...

you're super cute.
i'm glad i found this blog.