Thursday, April 7, 2011

Too much of a good thing?

So... I've had several people tell me that I shouldn't be working out as much as I am. I spent the majority of my early evening at the gym. I either go home, or I have plans with other people after. I've said this before. I love being busy.

I never make plans before 7:30-8pm M-F. Because I'm at the gym. Sometimes I'm there for a really long time. Sometimes I'm only there for a long time.

I'm taking advantage of the opportunity I have to go. Making up for lost time if you will. Nothing wrong with that? I don't think so.

I've been eating alot better lately, which gives me more energy. So I keep working out. Nothing wrong with that? I don't think so.

I know I'm 6 weeks post surgery. I get that. I know my limits and have not exceeded them. Do I get sore? Yes! Do I take pain medication? Yes! Do I like the feeling? Yes! Am I doing ANYTHING that will hurt my knee further? No. I'm not. Sometimes you just need to work thru the pain to get a little gain. I can handle the pain, pain is something I have become very familiar with over the last 8 months.

So in answer to many of your questions. No I do not think I have [too] much of a good thing. Do I plan on keeping up this pace for the rest of my life? No. I don't. My end goal like I said is in Dec with my Spin Instructing. I'm working my hardest until then, and then I will re-evaluate.

The old Lachele would have used this pain as an excuse. The new Lachele is using this as a driving tool. Each day it becomes less painful. Each day I can push myself to do more. I'm motivated. I'm going to keep going. When I leave the gym every night and remember I am 6 weeks post surg. I'm so proud of myself.

Am I a little too proud of myself right now? Absolutely NOT! You can never be too proud of your accomplishments. I've learned alot from what I've gone thru, and if I can use it as something to help change my life, or help other's then I will.

I see the prize, and my eye is on it. I won't stop until I've reached it. If I keep up this mentality then the old Lachele will start to come around alot less.

I realize that she will never fully go away. I know that. But I can do my best to make sure she doesn't come around as often! Yesterday, after killing it in my 2nd spin class burning 1009cals did I look in the mirror and think I was chubs? Yep. And I probably will forever no matter how toned I get.

There will always be something that we don't like about ourselves. We {I} need to stop dwelling on that and do something about it.

L.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am with you Lachele! Working out is a good thing and you know what you're doing so you're not going to over do it. I'm pretty sure you've had enough trouble with your knee that you're not going to do ANYTHING to make healing take any longer than it has to or to cause MORE problems.

I bought a boot camp pass (hello Calgary Deals Blog!) and I have been DYING to start but I've been getting over a cold for a while now and I want to wait till I'm FULLY over it before start so I can really get the most out of it.

Working out is AWESOME. I think a lot of people need to do more working out (ahem... I'm one of those people) and maaayyybbbee some of your friends are telling you not to work out so much because you're making them feel bad for not working out? Haha just kidding--I'm sure they all are just concerned about your health.

Anyway, keep it up! You are good inspiration :)