Thursday, April 7, 2011

.

Someone asked me the other day why I loved spinning?

Well.. I never was a runner. I could never run a marathon, or other long distances just for the fun of it. I always admired those that could. I ran playing basketball but that's different.

Spring 2008 when I was done making excuses. I decided I was going to become a runner. Even if it killed me. Which it almost did. Literally. I got a running program off of the internet and started out. By the end of each session I could barely move my legs. My shins hurt. My thighs hurt. My calves were killing me. My feet were going to fall off. *I started getting the hang of running* I read articles on how to be a better runner. I started running more. I started running faster. I started to really love running. The pain was still there. I just worked thru it.

Then. My toe nails started falling off.

Gross.

I kept running. I would CRY while at the gym running. Good thing I sweat because no one knew they were tears.

Then. I tore my ACL, MCL and my medial meniscus. I tried so hard to become a runner. Some people just don't have the runners body. And. I'm one of them. I don't think I'll really be able to run without alot of pain ever again.

So. I'm turned to spinning. Instead of trying to force myself to love something I actually hated!

That. My friends is how I gained a love of spinning. The old Lachele would have used my shin splints as an excuse and gave up all together. I'm grateful that I found something that I loved doing instead.

L.

2 comments:

~AmandA~ said...

If I had half the motivation you do....well done Lachele! Keep up the good work!

Candace said...

Spinning is my FAVORITE! I took my first spinning class last summer and fell in love with it. I used to run, but I feel so much better after spinning and it's something I actual enjoy :) New follower to your lovely blog by the way! :)