Wednesday, April 13, 2011

horoscopes

Do you believe in them?

I never use to. I get daily emails from a girl a work with, She's huge into them, so she emails me EVERY morning a copy of my horoscope. It's uncanny how often something in them applies to me.

This morning. I came to work and this is what I was graced with:

Feeling stuck? Turn to others who’ve been stalled at similar roadblocks, but have gotten to the other side. Allow yourself to be inspired by their triumphs over adversity. They say life is 90 percent playing the hand you’re dealt, so don’t quit til’ you’re in the winner’s circle.

HA- Story of my life.

I'm having some roadblocks, and until recently I kept them to myself. Then once I started talking about them, I realized more people are in the same boat as I am.

RoadBlock 1: wrapping my mind around the fact that I'm actually 'post' surgery and can do hard things. TrainerBoy has been having me do lunges, and squats. Something I haven't done in 9 months. We banter back and forth for a few seconds. He has faith in me. I trust him. I do it. AND I rock it. I can do hard things. Pushs ups on a medicine ball. Yikes! Did I think I could do it? No. did I? Heck yes I did. I never in a million years would have done it without him. Getting a trainer was the best thing I've ever done. Getting MY trainer was a fluke. Blessing? Umm yes!

RoadBlock 2: Heavy lifting. I am trying to wrap my head about heavier weight, less reps. I'm not doing much good when I lift easy weight for an average amount of reps.

RoadBlock 3: FOOD. Ha. I just guest blogged on Ash's blog about food. *go check it out if you haven't. www.divorcedand20.blogspot.com If you've started following my blog as a result of finding me on her blog. Thank you, and welcome! I'm trying to look at food as more of a sustainablity thing rather than a pleasure thing. That way eating my plain chicken and green beans every night doesn't get super depressing. Only a little depressing :) So far I'm doing well. I've cut out ALOT of 'faves' over the last two weeks-and I'm still alive. Therefore, I'm doing away with the things that I shouldn't eat. If I don't buy it, I don't eat it! YAY. This is a daily battle. Example: today is some girls birthday. There will be chocolate cake later. I'm not sure I have the will power to resist. If it wasn't there I'd have no problem not craving it. But seeing it. Makes me want it. Damn them.

I've talked with a few people who've gone thru what I'm going thru and are at the point that I want to be at. Their advice: be patient. It will all pay off in the end.

To me that sounds like hooey. Who wants to hear that when they're in the beginning stages of recovery/change? NOT ME!. However, it's the BEST advice out there. Be patient. Don't push TOO hard, but push hard ENOUGH.

How's that for a little motivation? What are some of your roadblocks?


L

No comments: