Sunday, September 12, 2010

Elder Scott-Booya!

I love Elder Scott. He's one of my top 3 fave Apostles. Is that allowed? Well if it is, good..if not oh well!

T and I went to the CES Broadcast tonight. He's always such an entertainer. For those of you who didn't see it. Shame on you. And for those of you who did, you'll understand what I am about to say!

He had me laughing from the first time he said 'stupid'. Maybe that's just my immature side coming out, but I laughed.. T not so much. He mainly laughs on the inside he says. He didn't even laugh when we went to see Karate Kid. I couldn't even get him to crack a smile...not even with my witty comments(not that I made many)

We talked about marriage. Of course. What else is new? Anytime I hear an Apostle speak of Marriage it makes me want to run out and get married that very second. Good thing most of these firesides are on Sundays, and the Temple is closed Sundays, cause after a good nights sleep, I always think differently in the morning. (could you imagine, when I do get married for real? Let's hope I don't feel like that the next day) Ugh. See that's my problem. I am soo indecisive and I don't know what I want. You'd think at 24, with a career, good friends, and an awesome family the next train of thought would have me thinking towards marriage. While I want to get married, I still feel too young. I'm not. By many standards I'm on the 'older' side.
Ugh.

Anyways, Enough of that. One of the things that made me smile was the way Elder Scott referred to his wife Sister Scott. When he'd say her name, he'd say it with such love and respect. He spoke of her so highly. It was so amazing. I left that meeting having had a witness testify to me that he is a Man of God. That the things he said were true, and that I need to stop being a brat. I need to make the effort. I need to stop being such a.......I don't even know what to call it, but I need to stop being it.

First, I need to stop being such a space cadet. I know how I need to act, I know what is expected of me, I know what my patriarchal Blessing says. So why am I stalling the inevitable? Oh because I'm a brat. My middle name should officially be changed to Brat, because it's used in conjunction with my name so much already.

Well, this has been a day of thinking. I'm thinking I should probably take care of a few other things first... Like my knee. It's a good excuse to not date and get my heart broken huh? I mean who wants to have a broken knee and heart? ha ha!

<3

2 comments:

Ryan @ TheSinglesWard said...

Lachele "BRAT" Wickens ;)

Lachele said...

You would be the one person that would comment on this one, using my new name. Thanks