Monday, December 7, 2009

Tis' the Season to be Jolly!

Faaaalalalala llllla laaaaa la la!

Tonight is the Christmas Party for our ward, and I'm so excited for Turkey dinner, I however am NOT excited to wear a dress when its -28(yup no word of a lie, it is)

I sure hope Santa is there so I can sit on his lap and tell him the only thing I want for Christmas is the roads to be nice on the 24th so I can actually go home(My parents are taking care of all my other Christmas Requests) I've been a VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY good girl this year :) No speeding tickets, No Photo Radar tickets and I don't have a maxed out Credit Card :) haha!

-----------------------------------

Yesterday, I had the chance to give the Presidency lesson in Relief Society, and I think it went over pretty well. It started with a story on service out of the scriptures in Mosiah about King Benjamin, then it went into some Christmasy stuff and ended with the whole room including myself in tears. Thats how Relief Society goes, and that my friends is the reason I love Relief Society. I am pro RS--I have to be after all :) I'm little Miss RS :)

A girl in our ward named Paige Stronach was recently(and by recently I mean Thursday)diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) pretty much what it is, is her body is producing inmature white blood cells. It's a rapid producing cancer of the blood pretty much.

UPDATE 1
-Paige was Diagnosed and Admitted to Unit 57 on Thursday, and has recieved her 3rd dose of Chemo as of yesterday.
-Her immune system is EXTREMELY weak right now.
-She's in very high spirits!
-She's being treated by some of the leading hematologists/oncologists in the Country, and I know that she's in very good hands(I work with these Dr's)
-She has already cut her hair--and looks SUPER cute with short hair!
-She is expected to lose her hair in 10-14 days(it's natural)
-She has recieved an outpouring of love and support and is GRATEFUL for everyones prayers/fasts and all of the above.
-She will be in the hospital straight thru Christmas.

If anyone would like to go visit Paige she is at the Foothills Hospital on Unit 57. Here are a list of the do's and don'ts associated with visiting. If anyone would like specific infomation please msg me with your email address, or email me directly and I will give you all info needed to go visit her.


Don't
-No plants or flowers
-No balloons or latex
-Nothing that would make her bleed(nail clippers, files, razors,etc)
-No colonge/or strong smells
-Do not visit if you are sick, recently been sick or live with someone who is sick
-No outside food or drinks
-Max 2 people to visit at a time
-Please call/text her mother before coming to ensure she is up to visitors
-No children are allowed on Unit 57, so please be aware of that.


Do
-send cards,letters,pictures
-Call her mom before hand(msg me for details)
-If you have something you'd like to give her but you are unable to make it here, you can give it to me, and I'll make sure that she gets it.(msg me for my contact info)
-Pray/fast for her.



If anyone has any questions about the special fast, or the break the fast afterwards(Tues Dec 15th) or visiting Paige please contact me. You can msg me right here on my blog or you can email me at lachele.wickens@albertahealthservices.ca or lachelewickens10@hotmail.com. If you know me well enough to know my number feel free to text me or give me a call as well. Also, if anyone doesn't know their way around the hospital I would be more than happy to show you around(assuming I'm free) once you get here, I'll give you my directline here at the hospital to arrange times.

I love this time of the year, and I hope to be able to remember to keep giving service all year round. In the last 48 hours I haven't thought once about my problems, just about how insignificant they are compared to other peoples.




"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."

<3

No comments: