Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Gym

Well.... I am on day two of my "new" gym....the one closest to the hospital... it's well.... it's a little bit G H E T T O Seriously! Yesterday when I walked in I almost turned around and walked right back out. BAH! But I tried it out, it's very dimmly(sp) lit, it has the RANDOMEST set up ever...there are leg presses next to treadmills which is next to a stretching mat.... there is ONE water fountain.... the list could go on.. let me just get to the point of this post!

I am not the -bestlooking- workerouter on the face of the earth, I kind of actually look like a man! But I think that might be a good thing, it shows I'm working out and I'm sweating right? WHAT I don't get is how so many girls go so primped and just walk around-- I'm not too sure why I never noticed this at my other gym, but it just sticks out to me so much more at this one. Probably cause it's so close to the university, and such that girls go to meet boys... perhaps! Maybe oneday I'll become THAT girl, who goes to the gym to meet guys! Probably not anytime soon tho! I've got WAY too much work to do!

Now that I'm off my soap box, I know alot of people who go to this location, it's close to where alot of my friends live/work/go to school so I assumed I'd see a few of them. Well I never banked on the following happening earlier tonight...

.....I just finished running 5 mile sprints(I know, you can all ooo and aahhh at me now) I'm pretty rad! ( I feel like a grandma right now tho, two days of that and I'm beat!) I'm getting on one of the bikes to do a 60min cool down, and I feel this guy from my church walking past me, very slowly....with his head straight but his eyes clearly looking in my direction...well I don't know him very well so it would be werid for me to look up, and start a convo.... so I just look down.... I look up again and THERE he is...walking straight past me, with his head straight forward and his eyes looking at me... 10 minutes later THE SAME THING HAPPENED he walked past me twice...(so he's now walked past me 4 times) in the hour span I was on the bike he walked past me 8 times....being all awkward...so awkward to the point where the guy on the bike beside me says:

"Hey, I sure hope he's looking at you, cause if not I'm going to kick his ass"

HAHA!

THHHHHHHHEN, I get back on the treadmill for a little runski :) and I see this kid I went to high school with walking past me(with a super ugly short chick HA) He glances at me, and then kept walking... I haven't seen him in FIVE years, and I only knew him cause he played varsity basketball when I played varsity and we'd travel together...OH YA that and he use to copy off me in one of our math classes in grade 12. So I guess we knew each other well enough, but it had been 5 years, I didn't really care to talk to him, I wasn't worried about the way I looked, cause lets be honest, he hung out with me after a 50 minute basketball game! He'd seen me at my worst! I was watching tv, look up and BAM! Matt Tudor is standing right in front of me! ** I think I left out the part, where I maybe had a little crush on him in grade 11, and my friend Lane and I would stalk him..** Sorry I didn't really think it was THAT pertinant to the story... I guess I was wrong.


I'm not really sure where I was going with this story, other than I saw Matt, and had another kid trying to be all stealth..but failed miserably. I probably would have said hi, but I don't know his name.....


<3

2 comments:

{Sarah} said...

Ok, Mr. Stealth made me seriously die laughing... and the comment from the guy next to you is priceless!

Lachele said...

Seriously...ha ha it was pretty funny! I think I talked to more people at the gym last night, than in the last year at my old gym. I just got in, did my thing and left. This could be fun. I sure hope so, cause it's really the most social I get during the week....BAH!