Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Surprise Trip to Taber......

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to drive down to Taber for a couple Dr's appointments. <--- once I know more about whats going on, I'll be sure to fill in my 3 faithful readers) :) But, I decided to go down early and surprise my ALL TIME fave seminary/insitute teacher Steve Scott. I love this guy so much! He's freakin rad, his wife is even radder(word?) and his kids are just the loves of my life! They have 4 boys. Britton(8) Braxsen(7) Brysen (5) and Benson (2.5) LOOOOOOOOVE them, and they love me.(I'll upload pics of them when I get a chance)

**SIDENOTE** I got my camera back and so my blog will get more entertaining...check back to old posts cause I will post pictures in other posts too, to make it bettter :)**

Anyways, so I got to attend seminary yesterday! The kids in Taber are seriously ROCKSTARS! They're so freakin cool! I attended two classes, and in one class I played football, and got to show off some of my intense football skill(thanks Troy/Kyle) you made me look WICKED! :) Anyways, There are 78 enrolled member students and THIRTEEN non members enrolled in seminary this year! They are on a fire with missionary work in Taber, and I couldn't be prouder! Back when I was in highschool Elder Russell M Nelson of the 12 Apostles came to our stake to re-organize our stake presidency and he spoke of the famine re: missionary work in Taber due to some circumstance that were not of our control, and that as we were dilligent in keeping the commandments that Taber would open up in the missionary pool, and we would be seeing great success. As a student we tried to pick it up and help this prophecy be fulfilled, but this is a testimony that it is in the Lords time, 5 years later here we are with a HUGE number of students at the highschool taking seminary, The Lord works in mysterious ways. I am so grateful for that Apostolic blessing 5 years ago. They've also opened up another missionary companionship in Taber, there hasn't been two since I was in highschool.


The New Era(a church publication) got ahold of the AMAZING work that is being done in Taber by these seminary students and so someone is coming to do a story on them Dec 3rd and it will be featured in the 2010 monthly issue. How cool is that? The tiny town of Taber has literally gone leaps and bounds since I was in highschool. I am so proud to be from TABER!!!!


<3

No comments: