Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I wanna be when I grow up!

I wanna be a philanthropist(I even googled the spelling) ha ha! I really wanna find someone that I believe it, and that I'm passionate about and create a foundation or help support it. I would love to do something along with the humanitarian efforts of the church(Another reason this Church is AMAZING). Our church has a fantastic program that helps with relief all over the world. I would love to be apart of that full time. I would love to work down on the Humanitarian square thats apart of Temple Square and making school packages for kids in Africa and TAKE them to them. How fun would that be.

I know that I can't do alot right now, but I can start by giving a little extra to the humanitarian fund, and I can collect things, but right now with a full time job and not alot of extra time it's hard. I'm pretty sure it won't be easier for me to find time once I have a family, and kids. But I just feel like this is something I want to devote the rest of my life too.

If anyone knows of any foundations or organizations like this one, I'd love to be apart of it, and who knows maybe one day in the next few years I'll be able to travel and bring humanitarian relief to those around the world.

<3

1 comment:

{Sarah} said...

Ummm... when you update you go all out, don't ya?

I always donate to the humanitarian fund.... it makes me feel less guilty when I see those sponsor a child in Africa commercials. Then I know that the church is doing it, and ya.

Ummm... you didn't come visit me when you were in Taber. You suck! Cool about the seminary program though.