Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vaccinated.....

Guilty As Charged....


I have been vaccinated for the H1N1.

I'm glad I did it....

**that might change tomorrow**

I'm already pretty sore/achy like they said I would, I can barely lift my arm, and I'm EXAUSTED! I was having my little pre-vaccine questions asked to be by the public health nurse, and she asked if I'm very sensitive to vaccinations, and when I said yes..she says " well then expect to be violently ILL within the next 6-12 hours for approx 24-48 hours" there was no turning back cause by the time she finished the sentence the injection was complete. UGH! they really need to tell people this before they stick you with the swine flu :) ha!

Normally I get pretty sick after I get my annual flu shot(and come to think of it, it never really works, cause I'm always sick 3-4 times a year)...hmmm....But the nurse told me that if I get sick after that, I will most likely be sick after this..

.Perfect.

..Just what I want..

Well hopefully this will keep me from getting H1N1, I was supose to get my flu shot friday, but they cancelled all clinics due to this round, so in a few weeks I'll have to go back and do this all over again. I sure hope it helps. I have a pretty weak immune system, and I seem to get sick 4 or 5 times a year but nothing HUGE, just sick enough to make me uncomfortable(which is probably worse than being full blown sick)



I've had people ask my advice on weather or not they should get it, and WHY I got it. Plain and simple. I work at a Cancer Center...I work with people who have little to NO immune system and I can't be a threat to them, I trust the vaccination, and most of all, it's really an individual choice. Get it, don't get it...whatever you choose, but don't come crying to me when you grow a snout or a curly tail, cause this little lady will have NO sympathy :)

....I'm feeling pretty good right now, I have a headache, and I'm achy, which is two of the four side effects, we'll see if I get a fever tho... I'll keep ya posted!

<3

No comments: