Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Come Here A Prophets Voice.....

Ok, so I just got an email from the IRC(Institute of Religion Calgary) and they said that Elder Richard G Scott is coming to do a YSA(Young Single Adult) Fireside on Nov 13th. How lucky are we to have an Apostle of the Lord visiting us! Let me tell you, we are SOOO lucky! I've had the opportunity in the last year alone to have been in some amazing meetings with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, and along with that I've had the privilage of meeting Dallin H. Oaks, Russell M. Nelson(all in Canada). While I was living, I had the chance to meet with President Gordon B. Hinckley, President Thomas S. Monson, President James E. Faust, and President Deiter F. Uchtdorf(before he was a member of the 12) as well as various other members of the 70's and area authorities.

Now it's not everyday that anyone can just go listen to a church leader very easily, so I am grateful to live in an area of the world where it literally is a 2 hour plane ride, or a 12 hour roadtrip. I've had many opportunities to be in the conference center for General Conference, or for a General Relief Society meeting, and for the Christmas Devotionals. These are experiences that I will cherish forever, and I will always remember in times of trial. I will remember the feelings, and the spirit I felt as I have heard these men bear witness of the Savior. As Elder Bednar put it, "If you're not sure you have a testimony, be sure that I do, and let mine carry you, until yours can." I have had these men carry me in times of trial, and sorrow.

I hope anyone that lives in/around Calgary will take this opportunity to come and listen to an Apostles voice. It's such a blessing! Bring your less active/non-member friends. This is an amazing tool and I hope to see everyone there.



<3

No comments: