Friday, October 23, 2009

Another day.....at 'work'

So, since this is a public blog I can't really say WHERE I work all I can really say is that I work for Alberta Health Services. I don't know why that was just relivant to my story...other than this post is about someone I work with. ha!

I often blog about convo's I have with people I work with. They're pretty comical, and if I was good at blogging, or knew anything about blogging, I could totally link the other convos I've had to this post so you can read them...but I'm not, so you'll have to go find them yourselves! HA!

So, yah I work with some pretty funny people.... not like funny ha ha, funny...but funny like CRAZY funny... This is about two different people I work with.

Story #1 is about one of my good friends I work with Carmelle. She's really funny.
She's getting married in December and still hasn't found anyone to marry her and her fiance yet, so the other day at work we had the following convo--

Carmelle-Lachele, if I found an internet deal where we could get you signed up to marry us, would you do it?
Me-Uhh, ha ha whhhhat?
C-Yah, well you could even add in some of that spiritual mormon mumbo jumbo you guys use and make it sound all official..
Me-You've got to be joking me right...haha that's so random
C-Well you can get ordained on the internet for two easy payments of $29.95. I'll pay for half
Me- HAHAHAHA! yah right... um, no but I could refer you to someone who could marry you for free :)
C-Free is good

OH man.... how funny was that! I love her, I know she was partly joking, but she was also partly serious :)

Onto the next story, this one is just redic. I feel like I'm in 3rd grade getting picked on, on the playground. Here at the AHS when there is a job posting that goes up, they interview everyone internal first, and if they don't find anyone specific for the job internally they interview externally. So, since I was hired that meant I was better than anyone who applied internally. :) GO ME!!! Anyways, so when I got hired there was a girl named mastadon(thank you xtina for the nickname of her) well, she had applied for the job, didn't get it, and so she HATED me, she was rude, and snappy, and just plain grumpy. She rode the same shuttle as me(cause we have to park offsite) and one day she pushed me off the bus(see 3rd grade bully) and then she almost hit me with her van one day when we were leaving the parking lot(again bully).... One day, she got pregnant...so I knew there'd be a light at the end of the tunnel... WOOOOOHHOOOOOO :) so she went on mat leave, had her baby....

DUN DUN DUN....... the year is up and she came back(she's actually been back for a month) I was worried about her coming back because I didn't want to be bullied again, so when she came back I was uber nice to her, she was a little rough around the edges but decided I was a pretty funny girl, so she took a liking to me real fast! She went from hating me, and trying to kill me......to thinking I'm the funniest person alive, to taking her breaks with me, to joking around..... Good for me right? Right. Well.....when it comes to work I take it very seriously, you screw up and I'll tell you about it, and make you fix your own mistakes... Unfortunately, she makes alot of them. So I have to constantly be on her case about doing things right. It's safe to say I went from her arch enemy, to her best friend.... and as of yesterday I'm her ENEMY again :( She is starting to get snappy with me.. and yesterday I was pulling out of my parking stall and she pulled out behind me and ALMOST HIT me, and continued to FLIP me off... I was clearly already in drive when she peeled out... today I've kept my distance, mainly because I'm pissed!

Needless to say.... I feel like a 3rd grader getting bullied again.


<3

1 comment:

{Sarah} said...

Ummm... ok, so you work with one very funny girl... and one total PSYCHO!!! Wow... I can't beleive she actually pushed you off the bus. Seriously, how old are these people!