Friday, May 15, 2009

Passionate.....apparently NOT

Ok, so this has been bugging me for a little while now, and I wanted to address it because it really got to me, and I know that I shouldn't let what people say about me/to me get to me, but it just really blows that some people are jealous of other peoples success and have to make themselves feel better by putting someone else down.

At work, I would with alot(a couple) really selfish women who think that they had the hardest life in the world, and that everyone owes them something. I was talking about going back to school, and about how I want to go back soon, but I'm still debating between 3 different majors and I won't go back until I decide for sure what I want to do, for the simple fact that I already have two degrees and I want this one to be my last one... Anyways, Alot of the women I work with fully support the (younger girls) in the dept to go back to school, and "Donna" thinks her life is sooo miserable and she thinks that I am not a passionate person, and that I am a spoiled little brat....because I have two degrees and because I have nice things that normally if someone saw a 23 year old having would assume she was spoiled.... She doesn't believe me when I tell her I've worked hard to get to where I am right now, and while I haven't had the same sort of challenges as she has, I've had some potentially major set backs in my life, and I came out fine! She thinks because I have a brand new jeep and next to no debt that I live from the account of mommy and daddy, which is NOT true at all( Although my parents have helped me out more than maybe they should have in the past, I am very independant person...most of the time) and while everything I have in my life...has been as a result of my parents and the way that I was raise but in no way shape or form came from them. I have two degrees because my parents helped me get thru school.... but I came out at the top of ALL of my classes because of my hard work and dedication, I have virtually no "bad" debt because my parents taught me the value of a dollar and how to work for my money(doesn't mean I don't get into money troubles now and again when my 23 year old girl mind goes into over time) I have had a "couple" brand new vehicles and ALL of them I have bought myself. I have paid for every single jeep payment, my parents help me out with different things, but I always pay them back( I have a bit more lieniant payment schedule with them, rather than the bank....which I am SOOOO grateful for) but I've done alot of this myself. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Donna... I am not a spoiled little brat, who tries to rub in your face that I want to go back to school and get out of a place that makes me unhappy.....

annnnd to the passionate part, it's not my fault that I change and grow up and have different interests, I would still be practicing massage therapy if it wasn't for a car accident that I got into, I'm thank for the accident and the lessons I've learned from it, and I'm thankful for the knowledge I've gained as a result in going to school, I'm thankful for my current degree that I use right now, and I'm thankful for the place it has put me in, in my life, and the people/life experiences that I've had as a result, but do I want to be in this position forever......in the words of Amanda Smith HEEEEELLLLLL NO! Thats all there is to it, I don't LOVE what I do... I like it, but I don't love it, and I will continue to go to school and get all the education that I can, until I've either A.) Have every degree in the world or B.) Until I find something I love! I am passionate about alot of things, I might not always have an "opinion" on alot of "worldly" sujbects that might make me look like I'm brain dead, but I know what is going on in the world, and I am passionate about alot of things

-- My family, I love my family and I wouldn't be where I am today without the help,love and support I have recieved from everyone in my family.
-- The Gospel, and the joy that it has brought in my life, and the things I've learned/know because of it.
--Friends, I have some of the greatest friends ever, I know I always say I'm a hermit, but I'm not, I love my friends and they love me.
-- I'm passionate about learning(hence the always going back to school and wanting to learn more)
--Learning new things/hobbies. Recently I've taken up triathlon training(it's been tough lately, but it's been fun.) I really want to take up photography and I want to paint again.

-- Having fun and making good memories. I don't want to regret anything in my life, I want to look back on my life and LOVE it. I want to know that I did all I could with the chances I was given, and while I've got a few regrets from the past...don't we all? I want to become a better person because of it.

Those are just some of the things I am passionate about, and I know that I've been blessed to be in the circumstances that I am in, and it could always be better, or worse and I beleive that some people just don't take the chances to get out of their ruts, and they wake up and they're 36 years old at a dead end job living pay check to pay check. I have bigger plans for my life, and I'm sorry if people think that I am a spoiled, or feel like I rub it in their faces. But if someone asks me what my plans are for the future I'm going to tell them.


So sorry Donna, I'm not trying to be a spoiled brat.... I just want to be better than I was yesterday!

No comments: