Monday, January 26, 2009

My Mission Plan

One of the 'perks' of being in the relief society presidency is that I have the chance some Sunday mornings to go to a Ward Leadership council, and yesterday we had a meeting to plan/revise our old Ward Mission Plan, and it got me thinking that I myself need my own Lachele Mission Plan. I am sooooo involved in the Church, and its a huge part of who I am, why don't I share it more with the people around me. Training for my triathlon is a huge part of who I am right now, and it seems like thats all I talk about with people! So why am I so scared to talk to the people around me about something that I love so much, and something that gives me so much comfort in times of trial and despair! So this week in our respective presidencies we have to come up with a "auxillary" mission plan that will help us make a ward mission plan. So I'm going to make up my own mission plan in hopes of sparking other peoples interest in doing more missionary work.

So Lacheles Mission Plan is:
1. To lead by example
2. Support the missionary minded activities(FHE, Volleyball, dinner with the Elders)
3. To go out on splits with the Sister Missionaries, and to go with the Elders when they're teaching sisters.
4. Have the Missionaries in my home atleast once a month for a meal with a non member friend(I don't have many non member friends, so I'm going to find some)
5. Talk to atleast 2 people a week about the Gospel and bear my testimony to them.
6. Give more service!

So thats my mission plan for now. I need to work my way up to the comfort level. I also want to start going out and teaching new member discussions with a sister, or with a ward missionary. I want to re-vamp my mission plan in a few months, and check up on it to see how I am doing, and to step out of my comfort zone again!

Also, this Sunday I am teaching the Presidency message, and I have nooo idea what I'm going to teach on so any input/suggestions would be great! I'm normally not nervous to give lessons, or speak in church but for some reason I'm a little nervous already, I think because this ward is sooo much bigger.... oooooh!!!

I'm soooooo tired right now... I made the biggest mistake of my life yesterday, and I'm sure paying for it right this very second... I didn't get much sleep this weekend and I didn't get to sleep til about 3 saturday night, and I had to be up early for meetings, and then I came home and by 5 I was passed out dead.... I woke up on the couch at 10:30.... so I was up a good chunk of the night, I talked to Mal and Ri...they called me.... they're always a good time. I can't wait to see those two..... they're pretty much the funniest girls ever!

Well I'm going to try and salvage whats left of my lunch break and I'm going to take a nap....

Peace out homies.... I'll update ya'll on my tri-training later tonight!

No comments: