Monday, December 22, 2008

Blind Sided......

...... ok so yesterday I was completely blind sided when I got to church. I grabbed my tithing slip, went and sat down and then I saw the new Stake Presidency, which was totally random, cause last week we had our Christmas program, and it wasn't ward conference, so I was expecting something big but when President Laycock got up and said he had a letter to read from the First Presidency, I got a little bit nervous. He started to read the letter and the jist of the letter was that my ward was being deleted off the face of the earth and we were combining with another YSA ward that we had sacrament meeting with. We had heard rumors about this happening, and my ward is super dinky, we were really struggling to extend callings in Relief Society but I never thought they would just shut down our ward... I was pretty upset, and then he says all Members of the Elders Quorm and Relief Society Presidencies are released... I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach. I absolutely loved my calling in the R.S presidency, I got to know each one of the sisters in the last year. I felt so attached to my calling, and the other sisters that I served with. I bawled...like a little 5 year old girl who didn't get a candy bar at the store... I was very nervous about who our new bishopric was going to be, but it turned out that my Bishop Frank Terner was called to be bishop of the new ward, which made me really happy, hes probably the most amazing bishop that I have ever had, I've had alot of bishops, I had 3 different ones in Utah, and I've had a couple growing up. I was actually pretty upset, I thought I was going to have trouble sustaining the new bishopric, and the new relief society presidency, but I knew I would have the same experience I did when we sustained a new Stake Presidency last month, and when we sustained a new Prophet in April. I truly have a testimony that the Lord hears and answers prayers, I needed to know in a instant if this was his will, and if it was that I would raise my right hand and sustain this change, then my Stake President, President Spackman who is a heaven sent, got up and bore a simple testimony of the Gospel, and I knew that this was the Lords doing, and that even tho it was his will, it doesn't mean it would be easy.. I had the chance to bear my Testimony to the sisters in my Old ward, and the sisters in my New ward in one of our meetings, and it was really bitter sweet, I am really excited about the new ward, and a new relief society, I remember complaining about how much time this calling took, having to go to a million meetings, and having to do new move in visits, and less active visits and all of my visiting teaching, but now that, that is going to be gone I am definately sad. I know things change, and it's very apparent that I'm not ok with change. I don't even know where I'm going with this post, I'm just rambling. I'm going to miss the girls that I serve with, our meetings were definately a good time, our meetings lasted FOREVER all the time, but the first 15-20 minutes of our meeting was strictly business and the last hour and a half was us talking about boys...good times...good times.... I'm grateful for the chance I had to serve all of the sisters in the ward, and work so closely with my bishop and his councillors, it really taught me alot about myself, I know this won't be the last calling I'll ever have. I am excited to support the new presidencies and the new bishopric, they're inspired of God, and I know that this is truly the Lords will. I love the organization of the church and how smoothly it can transition from something like this. On a brighter note with this whole situation I will have extra time to train for my triathlon, maybe the Lord was just being funny with me, and he knew how much I needed to train, so he gave me an easy out.. I'm thankful that the Lord does have a sense of humor.

On another note, last night Saren and I were bored, so we were watching youtube video's. I think everyone needs to watch Dax Flames youtube videos, this is a 15 year old kid who had a video diary and its the funniest thing ever, hes the most socially akward child on the face of the earth and he's documenting it, last night Saren and I were trying to convince Eric to go watch them, but I really don't think that he has the same sense of humor we do.... he might not want to be my friend after he watches them... we went over to Lance and Bryces after that and made them watch it too...they didn't think it was pee your pants funny like we did, its really amazing how something is funny even after you watch it 5 times...

I got all of my christmas shopping done saturday...wooohoooo I got my parents, and my sisters presents, and I even bought a few for me...haha its really not what its like, my parents were buying me new snowboarding stuff, and the selection down in Taber blows, so I bought my own stuff... I am sooo excited to go home for christmas its not even funny, all of my friends are home already, and theres been little get togethers, and I'm just stuck here in Calgary freezing my butt off... its been -39/40 consistantly for the last week and a half, and I'm getting sick of it, its' way too cold to do anything, snowboarding is definately out of the question until it gets warmer. So it better get warm SOOOOOOOOOOOON!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

any new news on that?