Saturday, March 30, 2013

.

I've spent the last two months trying to wrap my head around the changes in my life. Some changes that I have set into motion myself- along, with changes that are out of my control.

I am merely a bystander in my own life. When did this happen?

Life is hard. Being Single is hard. Dating is hard. Being an adult is H.A.R.D.

Never in my life have I been more lost. I feel less in control of my life at 27 than I did at 17. How is that possible? I have so many more years of life experience under my belt. I should have this down to a science.

Life throws you curve balls when you least expect them. <--- I don't even like baseball.

3 is an unlucky number for me. It had crossed my mind a time or two that this year would be less than pleasant. But, never did I expect to be stretched this much. I'm not superstitious but the odd years have proved to be less than ideal for me.

2013 you sure have proved me right.

You are kicking my TRASH. I'm waiting for that sympathy bone to be thrown. Any time now. . . .

March was a month of harsh realities for me. Realities that I have been avoiding.

It all boils down to:: I respect myself. I amlearning to love myself. I am pulling myself out of this funk I'm in. One principle at a time.

Each of us inherently have qualities to change the world. To do good. We live FAR below our capacity. Our potential is great if we will just believe.

I want to see the good in people again. I want to trust them without making them work for it first. I want to give the benefit of the doubt. I want to love.


I don't want to be jaded. anymore.







1 comment:

The Burrows Family said...

I love that! " we live below our capacity". You are awesome! I can't believe how long it has been since I've read your blog. How did that happen? I love the attitude in all your recent posts. Even f I haven't seen you in years (really? That makes me sad) I love you to bits!