Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thoughts...

I'm blogging right now as I'm on my way to the Temple... I was hoping to have blogged before I left to go to the Temple but never got the chance. So here I am. In a car with 4 people reflecting on my life and the choices I've made that have brought me to this exact moment in my life.

Oct 22 has been an emotional date in my life for the last 5 years. This time 5 years ago(almost to the hour) my life changed drastically. I can't even put into words how much my life has changed. I wish I could say for the better but I'm just not sure. I never in a million years would have ever thought I'd end up in Calgary,alone and single at 25. I honestly thought I'd have been a teen bride living in Utah. <--- yep. I dreamt big! Ha

What would my life be like if I wasn't at that intersection at 11am Oct 22,2006... Would I be living in Utah? Would I be married? Would I be happy? I can't help but think I'd have loved that life! Do I love the life I lead right now? Honestly, I'm not too sure. I want to say yes... But that might be a lie. I'm trying to stop dwelling on the past and look forward to the life the Lord has planned for me. One thing I can say is I know that I've gone thru what I went thru for a purpose. I never would have been put thru these trials if they weren't for my profit and learning! I'm being shaped and molded into the masterpiece the Lord would have me be.

I wouldn't change anything that has brought me to where I am. The people I have met over the last 5 years have taught me things I wouldn't have been able to learn otherwise. I am especially grateful for the blessings the Lord has given me in the wake of these trials.. I truly believe the friends I have met were the blessing he has given me as a result of going thru what I went thru.

Do I wish my life would have turned out the way it did? Maybe. If I could go back and change the past knowing what I know now. Absolutely not. There are going to be more trials in my life and because of what I went thru I'll be able to appreciate the journey.

I am learning to find joy in MY journey. The journey the Lord has entrusted me with. I hope that I can always keep an eternal perspective.

I am comforted by the words in the scriptures.. This life is but a small moment, and if ye endure it well ye shall be exalts on high. With that promise in mind I know all the heartache and loss is worth it in the eternities.

Bring on the trials.and.the ice cream! :)

Sorry for the downer blog post I promise I will be more happy and upbeat tomorrow...mainly because I got my computer back. Be prepared to see blog posts everyday. Holla!

Xoxo.

L.

No comments: