Monday, June 6, 2011

Mid Singles Conference

So since I am not good at this whole blogging thing and I can't link back to my mid singles post last year I won't. But just know it was a doozy. And. I am surprised I even went this year.

However. I only went because of the boy from last year.
He came from Regina. I haven't seen him since last summer- I've talked to him lots, but I haven't seen him.

It was sooo fun to catch up with him. I met alot of really interesting people. However the men were more well behaved than last year. Some creeps. But for the most part. Much more behaved I only had 1 or 2 incidences where I wanted to cry instead of last years 29. ha.

Friday night was speed dating. I had fun at the beginning but by the end of it I was making up the most OUT OF THE WORLD stories because I was bored. There was a 2-1 ratio and so the girls had to pair up while the guys came to us. So I was with my friend Catherine. She kept telling all of the guys I wanted to be married by August. Some liked that idea and wanted to help me out with that, others thought I was a creep. I became THAT girl. The girl that all the guys either flocked to(cause they wanted to be married) or the one that all the guys hid from because they don't want to get married.

Saturday there were a few workshops and then in the afternoon I ended up going on a date with Matt. We went out to cross iron mills mall and did some shopping, and made a scavenger hunt with another couple(*I had to trick the girl into going out with the guy) Sorry Kim. But it was fun. One of the items on the list was to take a picture of the two of you engagement ring shopping. So the fact that Matt and I went ring shopping coupled with the fact that the night before Catherine was telling everyone I wanted to get married was pretty funny. It got around fast that we went ring shopping. First date ring shopping.

Only at a mid singles conference. ha.

However, it wasn't our first date.

The lady at the store wrote down all of the rings that I liked and gave it to Matt for safe keeping. Looks like only time will tell if there will be an August weddding in my future.

Maybe the baby kits I got weren't far off.

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKES. Mom, don't freak out. I'm not getting married OR having a baby.

How was your weekend? Tell me something great!

xo.
L.

No comments: