Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Goals.

So in prepping for more on fitness, and nutrition I thought I'd just give ya'll a little sneak peak into what I've got planned for myself in the up coming months.

I think that everyone needs a little goal to work towards. A deadline if you will. I know I work better under pressure. I don't slack as much and I work my hardest.

So. Realistically for me. The soonest I'd be able to make some sort of fitness goal and carry it out would be late fall, early winter of this year. I have to be a good 6-9 months post op before I do anything super crazy *I'm 6 weeks post op right now* I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. Which means. I'm officially stating that I'm taking the summer off of football. It really pains me to say it. But it's what's best. My team is pretty sad. It feels final now that I've posted it to the blogging world. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Okay, So goal 1.
I'm going to become a Spin Instructor. It's no secret I love spinning. So I'm going to take a course to become a spin instructor at the beginning of December. 2 days in either Burbank Cali, Toronto Ont, or Orem Ut. Where I decide to go will depend largely on who wants to go on a roadtrip with me at the time.

Goal 2.
I want to start reffing highschool basketball again. It was a nice little workout, and I get paid to do it.

*Notice how both of these goals I get paid to workout. That's a pretty rad deal to me*

I have some major setbacks/things I need to overcome:

1.Will anyone want to take a spin class from me? I guess no one better than a reformed chubby girl right? Atleast they know the work out will work.

2.Will I be in good enough shape by then to commit to paying for the course and actually following thru with it.

3.Will I feel confident enough with myself/my body to want to spin infront of a class. Will the chubby Lachele go away, and let the confident skinny Lachele thrive?

If I were to answer any of these questions I'd answer no to all of them.

Sometimes I find myself still trapped in my chubby mind. I forget that, that's not the case anymore. That's not me anymore. I'm alot stronger. I'm more dedicated. I'm more motivated. It was easier to pretend that I didn't want those things, rather than trying for them and failing. That was the old me. Not the new me. However, there are days where i'm a fence sitter. One minute I'm the old me, the next I'm the new me.

The old me never would have wanted to become a spin instructor.
In highschool I was really confident, I played basketball, I had tons of friends, I was thin. That was the Old Old Me, I want to go back to that.

Then. College hit. I gained the freshman 35. And went up from there. Gross.
I was treated differently by friends, boys and co workers. That was the old me. I'm trying to get away from the Old Me.

There's nothing more debilitating that going from being treated one way because you look a certain way, and getting treated the complete polar opposite because you gain a few pounds.

Right now I'm trapped as chubby Lachele. The funny thing is, is hasn't been around nearly as long as the confident, highschool Lachele. Oh how I miss Old Old Me. Unfortnuately she's gone, Old me still lingers, and I'm really trying for the new me.

Can I do it? Let's hope so.

L.

No comments: