Saturday, April 2, 2011

General Conference

can be viewed at www.lds.org.

My Stake President encouraged us to ask for personal revelation when going into meetings at our last stake conference in Jan. That's what I've been doing.

Today I went into the first session(which was amazing-Canada is getting another TEMPLE) with a few things weighing on my shoulders. Some things that I needed answers to, and somethings that I could just use a little comfort in dealing with for the next little while(is 20 months considered a little while?)

I took notes, as I do in most meetings, and I **'ed the things that were revelation. While cooking lunch I was counting how many **'s there were. In that 2 hour session alone I had 6 of them. Six pieces of revelation specifically for me.

I feel better.

My favorite talk(if you're allowed to have a fave) was the talk on Pain by Elder Richards. I already can't wait for the conference ensign to come out and we're not even into the second session yet.

My fave Quote: " Nothing you do will bring him back, anything you do will make it worse." -- It doesn't really make sense in any sort of context to the naked eye. But it speaks volumns to me. It's what I needed today. Sometimes you just need to do nothing. Stop being pushy. Wait it out.

What was your fave talk?

L.

No comments: