Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

"The greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called Him master. Had no degrees, yet they called Him teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called Him healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today!"

I hope that everyone remembered the true meaning of Easter.
Yesterday morning I woke up to some Easter goodies from the Easter bunny(I'm a true believer that if you believe he will come-no matter how old) and so far so good. ha.

I got a yummy chocolate bunny, a kinder surprise and some peeps. Along with a NEW bike. Yes my Easter bunny loves me.

Then after gawking at my Easter Delights I got ready for church. My parents stake recently re-organized and now the wards are different. The ward I grew up in is gone. The people that watched me grow up are gone. For the most part. It was sad. I use to love coming home because of all the attention I recieved ;) However, never fear. There were people that weren't in my ward that I haven't seen since highschool that are in this new ward. They gave me enough attention.

We talked of the Saviour, and the sacrifices he made for you and I, so that we might return to live with him once again.

I'm grateful for the Gospel. I'm grateful that 3 days after he was crucifed He rose again. How lucky am I to have the knowledge of the everlasting Gospel.

Since it was sooo nice after Church I went for a nice Sunday stroll on my new bike. I haven't ridden a pedal bike in over 10 years. But, you'd think since I spin 3x a week, and I was confined to a bike for the first part of my recovery that I'd have been a pro. HA. FALSE.

I.FAILED.MISERABLY.

I didn't fall, but I was pretty wobbily. I went for a ride after church, then again before dinner, and once after dinner. By the 3rd bike ride I was a pro again.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Now it's time to pack and head back to Calgary. It's been fun at my parents the last 4 days, however...reality and work are waiting for me back 'home'

L.

No comments: