Thursday, January 13, 2011

You're a tomato and I'm a Zuccini

Who knew that Alma 32:39 could have erupted such a discussion in my institute class last night. I'm taking the Book of Mormon part II. My institute teacher asked how this scripture relates to 'dating' ha. yes dating.

"Now this is not because the seed was not good, neither is it because the fruit thereof would not be desirable; but it is because your ground is barren and ye will not nourish the tree, therefore ye can not have the fruit thereof"

Now, how does this relate to dating? The first thing that came to mind was the word 'barren'. Everyone that has read my blog knows that I hate dating unless I like the guy. That I don't want to waste my time. However, lately I've been trying to be a little bit more open. Usually, I suck it up. Have a decent time and at the end of the date my girlfriends ask "so do you like him, will there be a date 2?" My reply. No, we're just not compatiable. I'm barren says my friend Mike.I'm not willing to nourish my fruit. Sorry I don't want to have baby fruits with every fruit I date. Great. Thanks Mike. When he read the word barren, and was asked to relate it to dating - he thought of me. I don't think that's a good thing.

This kid in my class related us to the fruit thereof. He said I am a Tomato, and the girl I like is zuccini. Sometimes they just won't taste good in a salad together, doesn't mean their not desirable on their own, I like tomatoes and I like zuccini. Sometimes you just need a little lettuce and some tomato.

True dat dawg. That's what I've been saying this whole time. Juse because he's a good guy, doesn't mean he's the good guy for me. So now everyone can step up off me!

See the scriptures really do relate to us in the modern day. Anyone who says they don't. Just ask them to relate the scripture to dating.

xo.

L.

No comments: