Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm my own worst critic

This may or may not come as a complete shock. BUT, I am slightly emotional.

I need validation from other people. Or else I don't feel like I measure up.

When you mix those two things together you get one big mess. AKA-my afternoon.

When I don't get that validation, I get pretty down on myself. This happened earlier today. A situation that didn't really have to be taken the way it was(which wasn't good) was taken poorly...on my part. Sometimes I just need to take a few steps back and realize that not everyone is out to get me. I also need to realize that I don't need other people telling me how awesome/amazing I am(I'm not digging for compliments right now. I promise) for me to know how wicked I am.

This week I'm going to stop reading between the lines,and unless someone tells me straight up that I'm horrible and that they don't want to be with me... I'll just leave it that everyone isn't perfect and they probably didn't mean what they did or said. I'm going to try and do better.

I give this until tomorrow night at 8pm before I start getting down on myself because people don't always worship me. I'm fine the way I am, just because I'm not getting constant praise doesn't mean they don't think I'm awesome, or fun.

Out of the 5 languages of love, I think you can totally tell which one I fall under.

<3

Part of this stemmed from someone telling me I was boring at 3am, because I was tired and I wasn't hyper or fun. I am fun dang it, but maybe just not at 3am.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Dude, I think you rock and I like reading your stuff. for the record...
I also am IN LOVE with one tree hill, also Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice in case you were wondering. Only three shows I ever watch, and I would cancel just about ANYTHING to watch those shows. I do not answer calls, texts, or doorbells during those hours. People might think that is weird but I don't really give a hell what they think and I love my friends that are on those shows... they really are my friends, we are tight ya know?!
Anyway, moral of the story is, I thought one tree hill was over last season when Quinn and Clay got shot and I was ticked-- dumbest stupidest way to end the show ever. Imagine my excitement when I saw someone on facebook had posted they loved the newest empisode. Ya, it was pretty much like Christmas with the best presents I ever got (almost)

TheSinglesWard said...

If we wore socks you could totally rock them...

Wait... that didn't come out right... eh... oh well...

Lachele said...

Haha Teri you are so stinkin' cute.

One Tree Hill is seriously an addiction for me. I have to most likely miss this Tuesdays too and I'm not as devestated this week because I can watch it online ha!

Thanks for being sweet! Ha it was just one of those days. Its 100% better now, whenever I write pity posts I tend to be slightly embarassed and want to delete it the next day. We'll see if this even lasts haha

-----

Thanks boys, I think I get what you're trying to say!