Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's ALL relative....really it is

-Age is relative. Let me explain.

-When I was in grade 5 I thought I was SOOO old. I thought since I was the oldest in the elementary school, that I ruled it. Well, I didn't. I was allowed to go skating Friday nights ALONE when I hit grade 5. My dad would drop me off, tie my skates and away I went. That was the cool thing to do. ** Now when I look at kids in grade 5 I laugh. They're SOOO little. Holy cow. What was I thinking when I 10. Oyi.

-When I hit grade 8 (14rys old)again it might have been the fact that I was the oldest in the school, but I thought I was SOOO old. I got my learners that year, AND I got to go to stake dances(14-18ys old). I got to hang out in the grade 8 hallway, and got to eat lunch in Mr. Marshall's room. He was the coolest teacher ever! I look at kids in Jr. High and it makes me laugh. I really hope I was NOTHING like the ones I see these days, but I have a bad feeling I was. Ugh. ha.

-When I was in grade 12(18yrs old) I thought I obviously was SOOO old and mature. Nothing could get better than a highschool senior. Literally. It rocked, I had my license, I was able to date, hell I could vote if I knew what was going on, and if I drank, I could have boughten my own alcohol. Now, thats some responsible adulthood right there. I never had a care in the world when I was a senior. I went to school, kept up really good marks, and I played basketball, hung out with friends and went to lethbridge almost every weekend. Now that I look at Seniors I think they're SOOOO little. Holy cow.

-When I was a freshman in college. When I lived down in Utah, I thought I was this cute little 18 year old girl, living on her own, buying her own groceries, staying up as late as I wanted too, having as many people over at my house as I could fit. Life was great. I look a girls who are 19 and I laugh(rude huh) They're so inmature. I was NEVER ever like that at all.

- 20 to 23 I thought I was sooo cool, I have a career, I'm not a teenager anymore, I thought I was sooooooooo amazing! This fun little 20 year old who partied with her roomates, stayed up all night laughing.

- 24, Ugh. This age is still old to me(however it's all relative) I was talking to a 26 year old guy last night and he asked me how old I was. When I said 24 I sort of rolled my eyes, he laughed cause he knew I thought I was old. My friend Veronica who is 29 would give her right leg to be 24 again, and well I'd probably give both my legs to be 21 again. Well maybe not. Now that I look back on 21, 22 or even 23 it's still pretty young. I know when I'm 25-26ish I'll look back in 24 and laugh. 24 is NOT old, yet I am having such a hard time with it.(not really anymore, but I did for the first week)

Age is just relative. Lot's of things in this world are relative. I wonder what I am going to think when I'm 80 :) Could you imagine me 80? BAHA! I'm going to be the funnest grandma on the block!


<3
Lach

6 comments:

Tripp Hazard said...

I sometimes forget that Canadians can buy alcohol when they are 18. I can't imagine how crazy my high school would have been if the kids could openly drink.

I don't think 24 is all that old. People used to say "you know you are old when your friends start getting married." Bah, you know you are old when your friends start getting divorced. I say you know you are old when your friends start dying of natural causes. Until then, you are alive, why worry?

Rissy said...

haha I was thinking about the same thing today when I was writing my blog post... My dad coached cross country for a high school, and I thought his runners were 7 feet tall. REALITY CHECK- they were the same height as the girls on the team.

Lachele said...

haha.. yah Canadians can...
Some provinces it's 19, but that's like only two. It was a gong show thats' for sure.

I know 24 isn't old I'm just a drama queen sometimes.

It's it crazy how perception changes things. Oh how I would love to go back and be 17 again.. Like really. Life rocked!

{Sarah} said...

Dude! In two months... you read that TWO MONTHS... I am leaving 24 behind and becoming that dreaded quarter of a century... YIKES!!!!

Lachele said...

yah, but you have THREE kids, and a husband. I don't even have a Valentines haha!

When I get married I'm pretty sure age won't matter, but when you're single, and in the singles ward....24 is like a taboo.. There is something wrong with me! ha

Margaret said...

Remember you are only as old as the people you feel ..... or something like that!
Sarah C's Mum (Margaret)