Thursday, February 18, 2010

Food For Thought...

The Past is behind........ Learn from it.


The Future is ahead....... Prepare for it.


The Present is NOW........ Live it.



I love this quote. It really taught me alot today. I've realized that this is supose to be the BEST time of my LIFE. I'm supose to be out having fun.

Has it been? Nope.

Could it have been if I had a different attitude? YUP.

Who's fault is it going to be when I'm 50 and I think back to my 20's and have nothing good to say about it. MINE


I've been thru alot in the last 24 years on this earth. Alot more than some people hav to go thru in their entire lives. (I'm not the only one, I'm sure alot of people can say the same thing.)


I'm sure I could have taken alot more from experiences I've had in the past, that would make right NOW alot more bearable. I'm sure I could be preparing now for a better tomorrow.(No, nothing is wrong. I'm just reflecting right now.)


I've mentioned it a few times, but lately I've been a home body, I've been a little bit of a hermit lately. This really isn't like me AT ALL. I'm a very socialable person. I love being the center of attention. I like making people laugh, I love having fun. Wanna know what's wrong?

-Part of it is where I live, and who I live with. It's tough living with people you don't talk to/hang out with/like. I liked my roomates, but I don't LIKE them. We talk, but we've never hung out. I've lived with them for almost two years, and I really know nothing about them. I know you're probably saying "so move" Simple solution right? RIGHT, but it's not that easy. My old roomie Jaylene whom I love so much is moving back to Calgs in the fall for school. We had a blast. I'm pretty sure we'll live together again, so I'm just going to stick it out, so I only have to move one more time. I can't wait for the midnight dance parties again.

- I'm kind of getting sick of Calgary. It's the same people, same things happening just a different night of the week.So it's really hard to be motivated to go out and do things. I know I know, you're probably all saying WELL SWITCH IT UP. Ok, so I will. I will make more of an effort to do fun things, meet new people and have a killer time. I've prayed about moving, and about starting school again. The answer I keep getting is Yes, you will be going back to school, Yes you will be MOVING...but now is not the time. I've learned to listen to the Spirit. It's pretty smart. Last time I tried to force something that wasn't meant to be at the time some not so good things happened. I'm going to try and wait it out. You know the saying "the best things in life are worth waiting for" I sure hope this is true :)


I know you recieve as much, as the effort you put into things. So I will be putting more effort into making myself happy, meeting new people, and making this the BEST time of my life. I'm going to start by finishing the list of things in my "what every woman should do once" book. That in itself will make my life more zesty(yup, I just said zesty) ha!


Here's to a new attitude about life, and here's to hopefully making my 20's the BEST, and doing fun things, and growing, and learning more about myself.


<3

2 comments:

{Sarah} said...

Listen to the spirit. It will guide your life in the best direction... even when it doesn't always seem like it to you. Super excited to see you in April!! What should we do?

Lachele said...

Yup, it sure does. It's done it before. I'm still learning to listen to it.

I know I'm excited. Umm, I'm not sure I'll probably come sometime the Thursday with Saren, and then we'll play. I know we need to be up UBER early friday morning for hair and make up. I need to be AT the Temple by 10. Ugh.