Monday, January 4, 2010

WHAT?!?! Do I live in Somolia?




So at a recent staff meeting we had our Manager said " I know you guys won't like this, but due to BUDGET restrictions there are going to be a FEW LUXURIES taken away from us. One of the 'luxuries' being taken away from us is our WATER COOLER! Since when is WATER COOLER a luxury?(Am I even spelling that word right?) Do I live in Somolia? Pretty sure I live in the Richest Province in CANADA, and I work for the GOVERNMENT! You know you're hard up for money when your boss' take away your water cooler. Their justification... it's either the water cooler, or a position in the dept. Personally I can think of mmmm maybe 2 or 3 people in our dept that we could do with out, just to have the water cooler. This is a picture of my trusty water cooler on its last leg :( I filled up like 4 bottles already to stash in my desk. I REFUSE to use the water fountains around here. I've seen the way they're maintained. I've also seen the cleaning ladies use the same rag on my desk(which normally they don't when I'm around) that they use to clean the mouth piece of the water fountain. I will be making extra trips to the cafeteria to get filtered water. This may or may not cut down on my productivity...

If any of you can relate to me I'd really like to hear about it... cause this is REDIC!

That is all... My rant is over. I will miss you water cooler. You've been good to me. Most of all I'll miss the coversations I have at the water cooler.-- Pretty sure I've posted some of those convos verbatum in previous posts!

farewell WC <3 Lach

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

You're totally spelling it right. And that's ridiculous.

Declarations of a Drama Diva said...

Oh man! "It's either the water cooler or a postition...."

Ha ha ha. What is this world coming to? lol

Lachele said...

That is the question WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO....like I said I can think of about 3 people who's positions can be X'd in order for me to be satisfied... :) It's all about me

{Sarah} said...

Did he seriously say that? If you want to keep the WC then someone gets axed? Wow... you guys have some pretty expensive water, or someone is getting paid pretty crappy! Insane!

{Sarah} said...

Oh, and you know there is a spell checker on blogger right? So you don't have to keep wondering if you are spelling things right! It is one of those top buttons that has "ABC" and a check mark.

Lachele said...

I'm not complaining about how much I make thats for sure! I can't wait to get my 5th raise in the two years I've been here soon... :) But really? My WC.... gosh!