Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sometimes.....

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest girl on the face of the earth. I just had a moment where I was feeling down and bad for myself...also known as a pity party. Ugh. Then I walk thru the atrium of the hospital.... On a daily basis I interact with people who are A. in the hospital. B. visiting someone they love IN the hospital. or C. coming to get check ups. and then everything in between. So a few minutes ago I was going to satisfy my addiction at the 'friends store' by buying myself a nice little diet coke.

* I have the HUGEST headache ever * I feel like I've been hit by a BUS right now. It's cause I'm trying to drink less diet coke. I feel like I'm an addict in recovery.

Anyways, I was worried about the little minute things going on in my life about how so and so doesn't like me anymore, and how he's got a new girlfriend, and about how I'm stressed out with work, and I need to go to the gym. When the man infront of my had clearly just recieved some sort of procedure and was all bandaged up his left arm, he was SO polite with the volunteer and made conversation and then I caught myself scowling, clearly looking EXTREMELY inpatience. UGH. Why am I such a brat? Seeing that man in the highest of spirits being friendly and nice, knowing that something probably not good is going to come of his procedure still was nice. Why the heck is my problem? Why do I have such a chip on my shoulder?

.I am healthy.
.I have a job.
.I have a family that loves me.
.I have friends.
.I have more nicer things than a 23 year old should have.
.I have a testimony of the True Gospel on the Earth.


WHAT IS MY PROBLEM. Ugh. Seriously. I'm a little annoyed at myself for acting like such a brat.


I'm going to try way harder to be nice, and pleasant and be grateful for my blessings. No matter how big or small they might be. I really need to just remember that everything happens for a reason. Ugh, and soon I'll understand.



<3


P.S if any of you have private blogs please add me a friend to read your blog. A really cute girl became a follower of mine (Christine). My email address is lachelewickens10@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Diva's Drama said...

Sometimes we just need to be annoyed.... Feeling upset helps us realize how wonderful it is to be happy. :P Hope you feel better.

Also.... I completely understand recently I've been soooo gumpy!

Lachele said...

It's true. Ugh. I hate feeling like this. Good News tho. The gym TOTALLY changed how I felt last night. I've been in a good mood all day. Div, I highly suggest you try working out everyday. You'll feel soooo happy.

Diva's Drama said...

But what about my makeup... *Sigh*

Ha ha...

chelseyk17 said...

i will admit, i have also been a grump as of late ... and i don't even have a reason to. i literally have to tell myself in the mornings, "okay, chelsey, you're going to have a happy day today because you don't need to be a grump!" maybe i should do that every day instead of two days a week. being grumpy sucks!