Monday, December 21, 2009

A Piece of Humble Pie

Well.... I really have nothing to blog about right now... Last night one of my friends said.... "where have you been all my life" and I told her "at home, or at the gym" haha it's true thats what my life has come down too lately.. She said ditto..So I'm glad I'm not really missing out on much :) I haven't even been out on a date in a while...


Last week our R.S Presidency got together to make a "Christmas Treat" for the sisters, and we made truffles. I was quite impressed with my rolling of chocolate and dipping it in icing sugar... So I thought that I was going to make Roast for our work Christmas Potluck... I have had a crockpot for a year, and haven't really used it....how hard is it to make a roast? Not too hard...or so I thought... Here is the following convo(s) I had with my mom..

**At Safeway**
Me- Mom, how do I make a roast?
Mom- Buy the roast, but onion soup mix, onions, carrots, potatoes... put it all in the crockpot, turn it on and BAM ROAST
Me-Done, thanks mom. Love you!

**At home**
Me-Mom, so do I put the meat in the slow cooker then the seasoning THEN the veggies, or can I put the veggies in then the seasoning?
Mom-meat, then seasoning , then veggies
......damn......take out all veggies,season meat, re add veggies
Me- Thanks mom, love you.

**before bed**
Me- Mom, do I put water in the slow cooker?
Mom- Do you want a dry roast?
Me- No...ew....
Mom- well what do you think....
Me- Yes?
Mom- Bye lachele, love you....


Ha, please remember that my mom and I do not live together.... that is how the conversations wentish... I can't remember exact details. POINT is.... it's harder to make a roast than I thought


SIDENOTE-- The roast was FANTASTIC, and everyone LOVED it. I'll be making it more often to impress people with my MAD skillz <-- notice how g-unit I am using a "z" instead of a "s" :)


Well, since the truffles and the roast turned out soo well, I wanted to make a little Christmas treat for the girls I work with. What better more AWESOMEST treat to make than popcorn balls? Soooo yummy... So I trudged to Safeway Saturday to buy all the stuff....

Me-Hey ash, is confectioners sugar like white or brown sugar?
Ash- I don't know.... why?
Me- I'm making popcorn balls....and I need to know
Ash- Mom says is icing sugar
Me- I didn't even think of that-- I'll just go put the other two sugars back that I was going to buy just in case.

** I get home, and I start following the instructions... add corn syrup, marshmallows, butter,icing sugar in a pot, bring to a boil and pour over FIVE cups of popcorn. So I wanted these to be the BEST they eva had... so I used kettle corn. <3 that stuff. Well I popped a few bags....and measured out 5 cups.... it didn't look like that much, but I followed the RECIPE exactly.... I made the stuff on the stove and then poured it all into the big bowl and it COATED EVERY KERNAL.....ewwwwwwww

--Side note-- When it calls for FIVE cups of popcorn... I gathered it means 5 unpopped cups..... They didn't turn out that well, I had unpopped kernels randomly stuck in the middle of each bite.... and it's SOOOOOO freakin sweet. Needless to say I'm just going to give them to someone I don't like and hope they choke on the kernels :) haha just kidding! I'm planning on making more when I go home for my Christmas Reunion with my highschool friends. They'll be super impressed. Trust me.


I guess I got a little too cocky, and I need some humble pie. Oh well.... I'm 2 for 3. That's not too shabby!


<3

2 comments:

Declarations of a Drama Diva said...

So domestic... I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!