Thursday, November 12, 2009

Remeberance Day

I've never really been a history person, but I just wanted to say how thankful I am to those who've sacrficed their lives for their countries. Who've fought bravely for freedom throughout the world.

As I learn more about my family on both sides I realize that family members of mine have played a big part in the Wars. I don't know many of the details, but I know my Grandpa Wickens was very involved and he served honourbly and faithfully for his country. That is a legacy I'm grateful to be apart of. To have come from such an amazing man.

When I got my patrichal blessing when I was 16 my Patriach had known my family and told me a story about my great grandfather serving in the war. Before he left for war he was given a blessing that if he lived faithful to his covenants that he would come home, and as he lived faithful to the covenants he made to my great grandma, etc he returned home from war. How amazing is that! I love hearing stories like that..

My new goal is to learn more about those who've passed before me.

I also, would love to give a shout out right now to those who are fighting right now all over the world. You inspire me to be a better person. I pray for your families and for your safe return. I don't know MANY people that are in the Army, etc but I do know enough of them.


<3

No comments: